Highly innovative, entrepreneurial, and results-driven Engineering Development Leader. Uniquely experienced and highly trained in software, hardware, customer support, business functions, operations, and training. Successful track record of maximizing team performance, increasing customer satisfaction, and creating new revenue streams that ultimately lead to a significant increase in company profitability.
Core competencies include:
- Strategic Design, Development & Delivery
- Visionary & Innovative Leadership Style
- Goal Setting & Goal Getting Leader
- Effective Cross-Discipline Communicator
- Employee Care Specialist
- Outstanding Staff Trainer, Coach, Motivator
- Web and Network Technologies
- 20+ Programming Languages
- Hired, managed, and nurtured top technical talent. Result: Delivered critical components of 2 new product offerings, enabling Comverse to maintain a dominant position in its marketplace.
- Provided 24x7 support and triage for installed base (worldwide). Result: On-site Comverse personnel received high quality, responsive support from engineering, yielding rapid problem resolution and increased customer confidence in the quality of, and satisfaction with, our server solutions.
- Managed development of client-server systems (hardware, software, networking) providing new services for telecommunication carriers to offer to their subscribers. Result: Provided new revenue opportunities for service providers through new and improved feature and service offerings to their subscribers.
- Significantly improved the (operating and capital) budget management process by building a budgeting tool (Excel workbook) for a three team group. Result: Enhanced budget management efficiency.
- Brought a code review process to the group, tailored it, trained/led group for utilization. Result: Improved product quality/reliability/stability and reduced time-to-market giving Comverse a competitive edge.
- Design, implement, and host websites for professional services firms, providing their current and potential clients with anytime/anywhere access to information about their firms and services. Result: Increase my clients’ credibility. (EWP)
- Designed and implemented dynamically generated, data-driven web galleries. Result: Enabled my clients to securely share and review images with their colleagues, family, and friends in other geographic areas. (IM)
- Recognized for commitment to customer support and satisfaction. (Comverse)
- Recognized for architectural mentoring and leadership, outstanding system and process analysis, innovative systems solutions, and inspiring others. (Lotus)
- Promoted to Consultant Programmer Analyst. (Lotus)
- Significantly improved performance, reliability, and scalability of production order management systems; architected and managed implementation of modular procedures. Result: Eliminated 150K lines of code, reduced system failures by 99%, increased system availability 25%. (Lotus)
- Recognized for architectural mentoring and leadership, outstanding system and process analysis, ‘outside the box’ systems solutions, and inspiring others. (DEC)
- Recommended for promotion to Consultant Software Engineer. (DEC)
- Facilitated communications between internal and external engineering groups to ensure full hardware compatibility and operating system support for a joint-venture, high-speed communications adapter. Result: All engineering groups were able to build appropriate support for the adapter. (DEC)
- Designed and implemented a platform-neutral, object-oriented repository for DEC’s distributed/remote DCE management platform. Result: Increased DEC’s Leadership opportunities in relevant standards circles and reduced implementation time and accompanying costs for development of modules built upon this platform.
Essential Web Presence
Co-Founder / CTO (since 2009)
Design, implement, and host websites to provide an internet presence for professional services firms reflecting their professionalism and providing their current and potential clients with anytime/anywhere access to information about their firms and services.
Law Offices of Joseph B. Rosenberg
Paralegal / IT Consultant / Webmaster / Programmer (since 2009)
Drafted legal documents, manage/maintain/upgrade all aspects of technical infrastructure, develop/implement digital implementations/replacements for manual/paper processes, created web presence in line with business objectives, continuing development of remote access solutions.
Founder / Photographer / Designer (since 2004)
Visual arts company primarily producing photographic imagery as fine art prints and notecards; photographic services for commercial, legal, real estate, and ‘event’ clients.
Technical / Business Processes / Graphic Arts (since 1998)
Analyze existing business practices and objectives, develope recommendations and implementation plans, implement technical and procedural systems to advance business goals; designed and produced graphics for ad-specialties firm; provide various IT-related services including PC trouble-shooting and resolution (e.g. malware removal) and small network installation.
Comverse Network Systems
Research and Development Manager (2000-2001)
Managed development of leading-edge servers for telecommunications service providers world-wide; managed R&D lab; liaison between IT support groups and R&D group; developed budget management tools; represented R&D group with respect to platform with hardware groups; introduced/led engineering review process; recognized for 7/24 1st-tier customer support.
Lotus Development Systems / IBM
Consultant Programmer Analyst (1993-1998)
Primarily responsible for ‘making it better’ - identified and resolved performance problems with systems supporting manufacturing and distribution organization, restructured processing, reconfigured and enhanced hardware configuration. Co-lead Internal Controls Program.
Digital Equipment Corporation, Mid-range Systems, VMS Engineering
Supervisor / Principal Software Engineer (1987-1992)
Created/supervised ‘strike-force’ team to identify and remedy hardware/software/firmware/process/support issues with computer platforms; liaison between hardware development and OS groups; conducted customer site visits. Architected and implemented a Persistent Instance Repository (PIR) for objects in a distributed management environment (DCE).
University of Massachusetts (UMass/Amherst)
M.S. course work in Electrical and Computer Engineering
State University of New York (SUNY/Buffalo)
B.A. in Computer Science; Minors: Accounting, Technical Theater
On-going Leadership & Quality Management Training
Managing Change; Diversity Training; Reducing Time to Market; Controlling Software Projects; Competitive Time-Based Re-Engineering; Contextual Inquiry; Six Sigma for Software; Project Management; Formal Inspection
On-going Technical Training
Writing in a Technical Environment; Telephony Protocols and Networking; VMS Operating System Internals; ULTRIX (UNIX) Operating System Internals, Device Drivers; MySQL; web technologies; technical standards
Burlington Community Access Television (BCAT)
Videographer, Editor, and Producer of local programming
Burlington Cultural Council
Created and hosted website; Organized / facilitated Arts on the Common events
Burlington Public Schools
Chaired various communications committees; Created and hosted website; Technology consultant; Community advocate
First Patriot Corporation
President, Board of Directors; Educator
Temple Shalom Emeth
Chaired various committees; Developed Excel application for budget planning and management; Photographer and videographer